Do you need to move soil or fill on-to or off of land in the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR)? If so, you have two options:

  1. For smaller projects, you can expedite the process with a Notice of Intent (NOI) application, which is considered directly by the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC), and therefore circumvents your local government.
  2. For larger projects, you must submit a Soil and Fill Use (SFU) application, which is first considered by your local government, and then by the Commission.

If you have any questions, or want to know which process is suitable for your project, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Soil Fill Use vs Notice of Intent Applications

Boost your odds of success with the support of our friendly agrologists. We've got your back!